Scotch Eggs with Blue Mountain Meats (Wild Boar Maple Pepper Sausage)
5 soft-boiled eggs (cooked for 7 minutes in boiling water, then peeled)
17.5 oz. Wild Boar Maple Pepper Sausage
For the breading:
1/3 cup flour
3 beaten eggs with 3 tbsp milk
½ cup fine bread crumbs
1 cup course bread crumbs
1. Portion the sausage mix into 4 oz balls.
2. Using your hands, carefully flatten out each portion into a pancake, making sure the thickness is even all around.
3. Place one of the soft-boiled eggs on top of the sausage and wrap it around the egg.
4. Continue with the remaining eggs and refrigerate until they are cold.
5. Place all the breading ingredients into separate bowls.
6. Take each sausage wrapped egg out of the refrigerator and proceed with the following steps:
7. Dredge the egg first in flour, then coat with an egg wash, and cover the egg with a layer of the fine breadcrumbs.
8. Next repeat the egg wash and then coat a second time with a layer of the course breadcrumbs.
9. Refrigerate again until cold.
10. Fry in a 350F fryer for 9 minutes and let it rest for one minute. The yolk should be runny, but warm inside.